Monday, March 7, 2011

What do you believe?

This morning in my History 118 class we discussed the all important Martin Luther and his religious revolution in the early 15th century. The more interesting thing happened though when the professor asked the class a couple of questions just to get things started. They included: "Who here believes in heaven and hell?" "Who is a Catholic?" "Who is a Lutheran?" "Who believes in an inevitable end of the world?" Fairly simple questions on what your religious beliefs are but I was stunned at the results...Whether people just didn't want to raise their hands or actually didn't believe in any of it but 10 people raised their hands for the first one, 6 for the second, 2 for the third and 1 for the last. I raised my hand for three (minus the Catholic) questions for those who are curious. I hope no one wanted to raise their hands and it wasn't the other idea I mentioned but to me and how I was brought up, shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment