Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Getting the Grades

So far my grades have been B+ and B in terms of essays and papers. This sounds pretty good yet its even more humorous that those letters translate to 70% and 65% respectively on the grading scale. Before I left I knew my grades didn't transfer and I would get credit so long as I got a C or better in the class. Then I heard the 50% and above = passing here and I thought, 'wow I won't have to do anything this semester!' In large part I was right I really haven't had too much work to do however grading is much harder here than people might give it credit for. For example they grade up not down, meaning they award points as they read not take point away. Needless to say getting an 85% is the equivalent of receiving an A+ here which is extremely hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment