Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breakfast

I eat four-egg omelettes every single morning for breakfast along with two pieces of plain-wheat toast and an apple. Within this omelette I usually cut up some ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, and/or spinach. As many of you know I am a very health conscious guy and worry about what I eat constantly...so I'm starting to wonder if my almost 30 eggs/week diet appropriate or healthy in any way? Pros of eggs are that they are a good source of complete protein and other vitamins and minerals. Cons included having cholesterol filled yokes with concentrated fat content as well. The debate is ongoing I suppose about whether the egg whites counteract the effect of the cholesterol filled yoke as well as determining if it's good or bad cholesterol for you. My workouts should be sufficient in any case but my question then becomes, if not eggs - then what to eat for breakfast? I just went through two boxes of cereal in two days...and that doesn't fill me up in most cases. Eggs seem to do the trick for me in the mornings so I'll keep going along that road - plus I'm getting really good at flipping and folding a good omelette!

1 comment:

  1. Sam, Your omlettes are healthy, if you want to reduce the cholesterol, try using only 2 of the yolks and all 4 whites, this will help. also, ham is very salty, try finding a leaner less processed meat, sausage is not one of them. Oatmeal might help fill you up more, or put peanut butter on your toast and apple. that will aslo fill you up.
    im becoming a nutritionist already.
    love you,
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete