Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cross Fit

Some of you may have heard of this because apparently its in America also but this was the first time I had heard of it. My buddy Mike was running this morning and saw a sign for it saying you get a free one day workout session with the personal trainer - of course we had to try it. We get there not really knowing what to expect and the gym looks like something out of a P90X commercial - you know the fitness revolution DVD collection in America? There's a bunch of pull-up bars, boxes, jump ropes, etc. We get started with a little competition between two teams (Mike, Alec and I vs. the other three that were there). This included one guy does 10 box jumps while the others either hold themselves in the plank position or in a 'V'Stance with your hands touching your toes (go through this two times). We lost...Anywho the real workout came after and it involved 50 lunges and 15 hand-stand-push-ups...where your doing hand stands but then do a push up as well - ya. Did I mention we did each set 5 times?  I not gonna lie it was really tough but once we were done with that we were done with the session - about one hour. After asking him about rates they of course were pretty steep - 4 workouts a week for four weeks is $250 so if I were to finish this semester out it would cost about $500. Not a bad way to spend the money but I don't really know if it's gonna be worth it - after all the wrestling workouts I did in high school gave me that much in a warm-up with another two hours attached to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment