Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 4: Anzac Day

Today is Anzac day in NZ and Australia. It's basically America's equivalent of Memorial Day kind of in the sense of commemorating troops fighting a year long battle in Turkey back in 1915. Very big holiday here.

We left Franz Josef and are making our way to Queenstown today, adventure capital of NZ. Along the way we'll stop for some key photo spots and plan out the next few days of our break. We also get a quick stop in 'Puzzling World,' though I have no idea what that is…

Puzzling world was AMAZING! If I was actually a kid - like 10 years younger - I probably would've had more fun but not by much. It was a blast. They have the world's largest 3D maze made for finding corner towers and the exit, along with other rooms filled with illusions and crazy puzzles.  The maze had two challenges, normal and difficult. I chose difficult of course. They say it takes on average 1-1.5 hours from start to finish so I was very surprised by that. Let me tell you, I didn't find the correct tower first for 30 minutes. They have over 1.5 kilometers of maze laid out and you walk on average 3.5-6 kilometers to finish the puzzle. I finally found the trick though and through a series of running, trial and error I completed the difficult challenge in an hour flat. The whole experience was a very pleasant surprise.

That night we hit up a restaurant that Queenstown is famous for….Fergburger! This place offers absolutely enormous burgers that taste delicious. I'm talkin a couple pounds for each burger. Of course I was still hungry after eating mine but the price was definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment