Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 7: Queenstown Canyon Swing and Mountain Luging

This is our last day in Queenstown so I wanted to make sure I go out with a bang. I started out with the Shotover River Canyon Swing. 60 meter free-fall, 100 meters high with and 200 meter swing! I even did it twice with two different jump styles - first was the pin-drop and second was backflips! I got the photos and videos so hopefully I can upload those for you all to see! Comparing these two to the AJ Hackett Swing, they both are awesome and full of adrenaline, the canyon swing just is in a thinner canyon and because I could jump off the platform it added another degree of fear to it.

Next on the agenda is mountain luging! We took the gondola up the side of the mountain, allowing us to see everything around the gorgeous Queenstown countryside. I remember luging in Colorado for a family reunion back when I was a little kid and how fun it was - today was no different! We got 5 runs down the curvy concrete track, racing each other and passing all others.

On our way home we decided to check out this really cool indoor mini golf place. This was the most high-tech, sophisticated course I've ever seen. Every hole was either a par 3, 4, or 5, with absolutely no shot at a hole-in-one, ever. The whole game took us an hour and a half for crying out loud! If you want to know I won shooting 15 over par with 83. Great time and although it wasn't the real round of golf I've been dying for, it sufficed after the week I've had haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment