Saturday, May 14, 2011

Eventful Day

This is a different kind of exciting than what I usually blog about but nevertheless I find them fun. Made an omelette today and for the first time ever one egg had two yokes in it! Good omen. On the other hand, as 'Windy Wellington' is making a habit, it continues to rain on Sunday mornings making my trip to the market a pain. I'll have to wait it out today due to the monsoon we're having - I can't see the next building across the street it's raining so hard. On top of that this maybe the first time in New Zealand that I've see lightning and heard thunder - even though it rains all the time in Wellington I don't ever remember a lightning/thunder storm! Kinda makes you wonder after Auckland had those tornadoes a week or two ago.

In other news I finally got my big refunds from the University of Canterbury Rec Center and also my baggage fees that I accumulated as soon as I arrived in the airport for bringing two 50 pound bags instead of one (mistake on the airline as we were supposed to be allowed two bags). Long story short they charge by the kilo so the bill ran up quickly, however, TEAN assured us they would get it sorted out and so they did. Thanks again TEAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment