Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tonga Day 7 - ('Eua - Tongatapu - Auckland - Wellington)

I'll start this post by saying what a travel day...3 flights, 3 islands, and finally back home in Wellington. It all started with the world's shortest commercial flight - 8 minutes to be exact from 'Eua to Nuku'Alofa. The plane was an 8 seater and cramped but infinitely better than that God-forsaken ferry ride.






Once we landed we had about four hours to kill before our flight back to Auckland. We split the taxi fare and headed straight into town to check out the market. Lots of cool little jewellery and craft shops so plenty to see while we were there. I ended up getting something for myself and others ;) Now we had to finally say goodbye to our Tongan paradise and get back to the real world - well still in NZ haha! Of course the flight left late leaving me only 45 minutes to go through customs and sprint to the domestic terminal for my connecting flight to Wellington (little did I know time would be the least of my worries). One of the items I declared was a wooden tribal mask - well customs took one look at it and said it had insect damage... - basically it would've cost five times as much to fix it as it did to buy it so unfortunately I had to leave it behind. Now I only had ten minutes to get to the Wellington flight. Its a ten minute walk so I booked it and made it with minutes to spare sweating profusely, but with that my trip and adventure-filled travels came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment